Volunteering with us
We need volunteers to play with the children, alongside our staff, to help them benefit from as much individual help and attention as possible. Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds, knowledge and interests. Some are more experienced with children than others, but we offer support, supervision and ongoing training.
Volunteering with Springboard can be a rewarding and valuable experience. As well as having fun, you may:
- Learn new skills—which may be of use in future employment or interest.
- Take part in training—this is available to our volunteers and covers basic child development, how to support children with disabilities and Makaton. Most training is free to volunteers.
- Meet new people and make new friends—as well as meeting the children and their families, you will be working alongside our staff, other volunteers and professionals from North Somerset Children & Young People’s Services and Child Heath Services.
- Get great ‘job satisfaction’ – with your help, the children will develop their skills and achievements through their play.
- Increase self confidence.
- Have fun!