Family Practitioners (SEND)
We understand that parents/carers, grandparents and extended family can need advice, support and information too.
Our Family Practitioner Service is there to help you with the ‘maze’ of who’s who and what’s what for children with additional needs & disabilities in North Somerset.
Our Family Practitioners (SEND) and staff teams…
- Provide a welcoming and sympathetic listening ear when necessary.
- Inform of sources of financial help available and give support to complete forms and other paperwork.
- Signpost to appropriate services provided by statutory and other voluntary organisations both locally and nationally.
- Undertake home visits as appropriate.
- Run Parent/Carer workshops on subjects including behaviour, language & communication, sleeping, feeding and toileting and moving on to school.
- Fill our Parents’ Room with a wealth of resources and information and provide a comfortable place to meet and chat with other parents/carers.