Our aim is to be able to give the children as much individual attention as possible and with the help of volunteers
we can provide that level of support. Without the regular help of valued volunteers we would not be able to work with as many children and families.
Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds, knowledge and interests. Some are more experienced with children than others, but as we offer support, supervision and ongoing training, any initial concers can ussually be overcome.
Volunteering with Springboard can be a rewarding and valuable experience. As well as having fun, you may:
- Learn new skills—which may be of use in future employment or interest.
- Take part in training—this is available to our volunteers and covers basic child development, how to support children with disabilities and Makaton. Most training is free to volunteers.
- Meet new people and make new friends—as well as meeting the children and their families, you will
be working alongside our staff, other volunteers and professionals from North Somerset Children & Young People’s Services and Child Heath Services.
- Get great ‘job satisfaction’ - with your help, the children will develop their skills and achievements through their play.
- Claim modest travel expenses.
- Help with our record keeping, adding information to each child’s Learning Diary. This is an invaluable part of the role of a volunteer and we appreciate your input.
- Have fun!
If you would like more information please see our leaflet below or contact one of our Centres.